Thursday, 19 May 2011

Not So Narrow dog to Melksham

Yesterday we drove to Melksham and stopped in a site just next to the Kennet and Avon canal. This is very picturesque and we cycled along the tow path to a chain of about 50 locks…see Nia's picture…which is apparently the longest or highest or somethingest chain of locks in the known universe.

Colin enjoyed the walk but it was a little overlong for him. He is a dog who would prefer to devote his life to eating, with the occasional sleep break. He is on a strict diet, or so I thought until I clocked the Missus passing him chunks of pork pie yesterday. However he did gobble a lettuce leaf as well (he is an omnivore) so that should make up for it. Or so I'm told.

I am reading "Narrow dog to Carcassone" at the moment…it is fittingly about a trip to France with a dog and very funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add comments here.