Monday, 30 May 2011

Colin's Blog - Poor Paw

Now some dogs really like long walks and lots of exercise, Penny does, but personally I believe that lots of exercise is over-rated and that eating and sleeping in the sun, are the best activities for a Border Terrier.
Now I have been proved right in my theory because following all my recent exertions I now have a sore paw and I am feeling VERY sorry for myself.
I am getting lots of sympathy particularly when I hold it up and look at 'them' with my big soulful eyes but yesterday when I went out for my late night walk....I mean hop, I forgot about my sore paw when I saw a naughty bunny rabbit. There is only one thing any self respecting Border Terrier can do with bunnies and that is chase them, so I did. Then when the bunny had gone I remembered I was lame and had to hop all the way back to Mum and Dad.
You may have seen pictures of Penny and I in the dog cart behind the bikes, Dad thinks we should run with the bikes, Penny likes a good run but I think the cart is great and whenever I get the chance I climb in and sit in the cart watching the Loire valley pass by. If 'they' are a bit slow lifting me into it, I hold up my sore paw - it works every time!
We have now travelled to a place 'they' say is called the Loire valley and they rave about how pretty it is. Penny and I like the camp site at Chaudefonds-sur-Layon because they are the only people there and we are by a river, where Penny and I chase frogs and sleep in the midday sun.
Bon Chance!
Colin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add comments here.